Loco Sports LLC holds the safety of their staff, participants, volunteers, and attendees above all else. To ensure our event is as safe as possible, and stakeholders are comfortable both on and off the course, we'll be implementing enhanced safety measures, and will provide a comprehensive list of measures to reference.
We're constantly monitoring health and safety guidance provided by the CDC and the WHO and we are currently working with the local governing entities regarding the protocols and safety measures that will be implemented on race day. Our team continues to work in direct coordination with local public health authorities to meet or exceed all local guidance, rules, and regulations. Accordingly this Plan is subject to further revisions.
If you’re unable to attend the live event due to a confirmed COVID-19 exposure, a positive test result, or you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 no more than 14 days prior to the event, and no more than 48 hours following the event, please email [email protected]
To ensure runners can enjoy the experience as much as possible, and to comply with local and state regulations, we’ll be sending runners out in groups of two based on their submitted pace. Instructions on how to update your pace can be found on our FAQ page.
- Mask & Face Covering Requirements: In accordance with NH Governor Sununu’s Emergency Order 63 Pursuant Executive Order 2020- 04 and Extend by Order 2020-05 to 2020-16, masks and face coverings must be worn at all times when social distancing is not possible (Registration, warming up, start line, finish line, and while walking around the venue). Face coverings are NOT REQUIRED while running or walking on the course.
- All participants are required to bring their own Personal Protective Equipment.
- All pre-race and check-in procedures have been modified to adhere to CDC and state guidelines for safety. All check-in procedures will be communicated with participants well in advance of event day.
- All staff, volunteers, participants, and other applicable stakeholders will be subject to a self- reported health screening/questionnaire. This questionnaire must be completed and submitted twice—once prior to participation in event activities as well as again onsite when checking in to receive your race materials. Any stakeholder, participant, or volunteer who fails the screening, or does not submit a complete questionnaire dated as of the date of submission each time required, will be prohibited from participating or being present at the event.
Preparing for Check-In
- Cones will be used as markers to indicate where participants can stand while checking in to adhere to the 6 foot social distancing rules required by the state of NH.
- In front of each tent will be a clear plastic covering to separate the staff and participants. All participants will receive their bibs and t-shirts through the slot and will be asked to leave the area.
- No race-day registration or other transactions will be allowed.
- Masks will be required at packet pickup for staff, volunteers and participants. All staff and volunteers will be wearing gloves and PPE while working onsite. Loco Sports staff and volunteers will monitor all high touch surfaces or areas of activities by cleaning and sanitizing regularly to mitigate the spread of germs.
- Participants will be given a very specific appointment time to start and a specific appointment window of 30 minutes before their assigned start time to come to registration.
Start Line Protocol
This event will implement a “time based wave” format that will facilitate social distancing for the entirety of the event. Participants will be seeded based off their self-submitted paces and will be sorted by pace from fastest to slowest. Two people will start every 10 seconds.
- You will be provided with a specific start time along with a very specific time for parking, check- in time, and report to corral time. We kindly ask that you adhere to your start time and do not show up prior to this window.
- Start times will be based on pace / seed times. Exact start times to be assigned/emailed with bib number assignment three (3) days prior to the event.
- If you are arriving late or missed your start time, please report to the registration tent to have your time reassigned by Loco Event Staff.
- You will not be allowed to run with your friends or change your start time due to COVID-19 protocols.
** CLICK HERE for a pace chart / conversion to estimate your times, pace, and finisher times.
- Please remain socially distanced while running on the course.
- Water stations will be modified and monitored by volunteers to remain safe and sterile.
- It is recommended you bring your own hydration to the event. Loco Sports will provide water cups at each aid station.
Finish Line Protocol
The finish line will require the participant flow in one direction, and will have a designated entry and exit in runner refresh. Post race hydration will be provided in pre-packaged meals. These collection points will be self-serve by the participant, will be cued through individual lines marked with social distancing indicators, and have regular exit points so as to not obstruct the flow of traffic. Mask Coverings will be required at the finish line and will be provided to participants.
- There will be no awards or award ceremony.
- Participants will be asked to leave once they have picked up their medals and post race snack.
- Loco Sports staff and volunteers will monitor all high touch surfaces or areas of activities by cleaning and sanitizing regularly to mitigate the spread of germs.